Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rolling Stones

"A rolling stone gathers no moss."

9511

Every coin hs two faces. And so is this phrase....
On one point of view, this quote means that if you do not move, no actions, no effort and no struggle on your part, you will not get anything. Meaning if you are not a rolling stone, you will gather moss or rust or anything you can call it. That's simple enough.

On another view, a rolling stone means an arrogant, overbearing individual. It can also be someone that is always on the go, on the move. Rolling and rolling over everybody he never had the chance to gather some "moss." Moss now described positively. Meaning if you always roll, you gather nothing. It means sometimes you must stay put firmly on the ground once in a while.
Sounds simple too. (my head starts to spin now)

Since I was young I could never decide which of the two meanings I would accept. It has been a puzzle for me since my elementary years. Humbug..

Well there is really very little connection between those quote and what I am writing today. It's nothing, I just felt a little connection.

I have been busy these couple of days planning and executing our transfer of residence. Not to mention the problems arising because we do not have sufficient funds these days. It was a neck breaking, sweat flooding, mind boggling experience. And my back aches so much today because I had to carry all (take note), all our belongings just to save some cash, not getting the services of a mover. We just rented a jeepney of a friend. We had to pack our things in 30 minutes because the rains prevented us from going home from the other town. I had to carry our things a couple of meters to the rented jeep, put on my clothes, race to our destination by my motor bike, then upon getting there I had to carry them again to our new apartment. That sucks really. Then after a sleepless night beside our still very disorganized things, I had to go to work and later continue with our arrangement. Just the thought makes my knees shiver.

Well that's life. And if I don't move, I would gather moss. On the other point, If I stood still, a miracle may come, a lightning maybe. Never mind....

“You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need”


.

No comments:

Post a Comment