Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cry


"Let your voice come up to me in the day of trouble; I will be your saviour, so that you may give glory to me." Psalm 50:15

Humbug...

I needed help yesterday because tomorrow is the last day of my ultimatum before my poor little business will be shut down. I need about five thousand pesos. But I barely accumulated five hundred. Money is coming on Friday afternoon. But the payment is due at noon. And I'm not sure if the arriving money is even sufficient enough. After all the hardships, sweat and blood I had invested on my business, this is all I will get. Someone offered me help, a little weird one too. And I'm not sure if it can help me save face and my family. He asked me to write 20 things I am thankful about from the depths of my heart. Chuckles, like it could give me anything. But I felt the sincerity on his words and that he is so serious. Imagine I don't even know this guy. Maybe God touched me. Well, might as well give it a try. Here goes...

Twenty things I am grateful for:

1. I am thankful that me and my family are still alive today.
2. I am thankful we do not have to go to the hospital that often.
3. I am thankful we have a little something if not nothing to eat each day.
4. I am thankful my 7 year old motorcycle is still running even with little maintenance.
5. I am thankful my PC is still running after that lightning burned my lan card.
6. I am thankful I still have a couple of friends every now and then.
7. I am thankful the nails and other sharp objects steer away from my tires when I have no money for vulcanizing.
8. I am thankful car nappers do not set their eyes on my old, rusty bike. (like they would try)
9. I am thankful my I still don't have amnesia or Alzheimer's even though I am malnourished and I could still write my blog in English.
10. I am thankful the internet company still doesn't cut my service even though I'm always late for payment.
11. I am thankful there are still a few patrons coming to my shop even though I now have a rich competitor.
12. I am thankful I still earn just enough to pay the loan shark each day.
13. I am thankful I earn just enough to have one meal each day.
14. I am thankful my trusty old shoes still don't rip apart. ( just a bit)
15. I am thankful my one and only pants are still intact.
16. I am thankful our relatives take care of my son while in vacation, so I do not have to worry what to feed him.
17. I am thankful for my wife because she is the most understanding person I know. ( even though she looses it sometimes)
18. I am thankful I still remember to call God once in a while even though there are times I am angry at Him.
19. I am thankful God still loves me, and not strike me with lightning because of my painful cries.
20. I am thankful for the one who asked me to do this because he reminded me no to forget to ask God for help with this one.

Whew! took me an hour. Now both my mind and chest feels a bit light. And so are my pockets.

“If God can accomplish His purposes in this world through a broken heart, then why not thank Him for breaking yours?”

Find me twit twit..

No comments:

Post a Comment