Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Arrrgh-mageddon"

WWW.AKOMISMO.ORG


Thanks to www.goroadachi.com for his nice photo...

I have been wondering on this new campaign on ads this days. I first saw it on Manny Pacquiao's fight with Ricky Hatton. Some say its a campaign to urge us Pinoys to be responsible for our actions. I am not yet much aware of it's true purpose though, nor who perpetrated it. Whoever started it must have a purpose right? I hope it's really to push us to stand on our own and take due actions in pushing our motherland forward, and not just a publicity stunt of a wealthy trapo (polititian) aiming for power. One thing is sure. Their marketing strategy works. They have already aqcuired twenty-three thousand plus pledges the moment I visited their site, a lot in a short span of time.

I'm a born critic. I may trust easily, but I am really a big pessimist. It won't hurt if I comment on this ad campaign, would it? I think I see a big hole in this campaign. It is really a good thing to remind us to take responsibility for our country. Yes, to do something than to complain. To fight rather than to blame. But I am a person who likes to blame, as millions of pinoys are actually. We have our government to be blamed at of course. They are there not to be sitting ducks while earning from our precious taxes. Taxes that should have been food for our starving families. They are ther to ensure our growth and protection. Not to protect themselves and their money and businessess. They are there to ensure our future, not to be securing theirs. So who's to blame? Now that we are in a slump? Who's to blame?

We should fight to take our own actions so that by our own little way we could tip our country back in the map. For example, I have made my own pledge in the ako mismo wall. If my computation is right, if I stick to my promise, that would help the country by about 1/200 millionth (%). That's a big help....(chuckles). If all of us pinoys do our own pledge (which is unlikely) That would sum up to about 40%. Now that's great. But I think what's important (not that what our commitments will be no matter how small we are are useless but great actually) again what's important right now is the commitment of those in power.

No matter if all of us makes a commitment and does it righteously, thats only half to the solution to our problems. 50% is better than o% I know. But those in power should be the one taking charge in promoting their own commitment because they are the ones in power, and anything they do will naturally affect our motherland and our future. Whoever started this campaign should look back, this campaign was already here since the beginning of our independence. But did it bring us change? Nothing. As long as there are "rats" in the government, no campaign will ever succeed.

And what's with the dog tag? Would it remind us to keep our oaths if we see ourselves wearing it? It looks cool though. And I'm sure pinoys would readily want it and will wear it with pride. But this is my prediction, give me two years and this tag will only be seen in ones drawer or collections cabinet. It would help of course. But no tag or sign or shirt or anything material would really instill us a change of society. It is in our heritage, to be hard headed and materialistc people.

Once the government changes itself, (not the cha-cha Gloria's been frantic about) then there would be a radical change. This is my promise: Once there is not a single Pinoy family who worries what to eat or where to send their children to school or how to make their loved ones feel healthy and recover from sickness or on how to make a stable future, then there would be a CHANGE.

On the other hand, my prediction that is almost totally impossible would likely fail as expected, then we will once again blame the government, induce another "People Power", or just crawl to the ground. The government is the one that should be giving an oath. A pledge they would live with under pain of death. If not, then this campaign would again be just part of our gloomy history.

I still applaud this campaign's will and righteousness. I may have blotched it by my critisisms but deep in my heart, I wish for the best. I hope it will work. I'll start by doing my part. I hope you all do yours.

If not all of us would do our part, then there is no hope anymore. Truly the global warming issue is the hint of the nearly coming end of the world. And we are surely to blame... not just the government but all of mankind. Kinda too late huh?

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhmageddon is coming, please contribute to stop it.....

"The catterpillar might say it's the end of the world, but actually it is the birth of a butterfly."

No comments:

Post a Comment