Friday, May 15, 2009

Dark Skies

Dark Skies

Dark is the sky where lightning hides
Where thunder begins to roar
And blocks the warmth of the almighty sun
from shining on earth below
It creeps and waits for the time to weep
And flood our land with rain
The darkness will unfold in sleep
to wash the world and send it's grief
So cold, so dark, so lonely

Dark is the sky so as my mind
It weeps but no one sees
because it clouds my eyes from being seen
And all they see is a faintly grin
So as to wash the hurt inside
And in the darkness I shall hide
Until the sorrows are washed away
And I can smile and be okay

But until then
I'll just keep on pouring the rain
thinking it's better to keep crying
than to wield my lightning and
roar ye thunder
Just mask in the darkness of my skies
Until the rainbow is finally born
The pain and sorrow to hide is better
Until the lights peeps toward home.



No comments:

Post a Comment