Monday, May 4, 2009

Is Pessimism a Crime?


This is an article from livestrong.com I find it very interesting and useful. I give full credit to them and their article. Their article really moved me.


How does pessimism and negativity affect my behavior?

When I am negative or pessimistic I:

* look at the worst side of a situation.
* say what ``I'm not'' rather than what ``I could be.''
* lack the belief that I could change.
* lose hope in the future.
* take the opposing view in any positive conversation.
* am unable to make upbeat or uplifting comments about myself or others.
* turn all conversations into griping, complaining or bitching sessions.
* have nothing good to say about myself or others.
* complain about the inequities of life.
* try nothing new or challenging because I feel that I will fail.
* get bitter over how people treat me--now and in the past.
* put down new, creative and inventive ideas as impossible.
* limit my horizons, which results in limiting my personal growth.
* take no risks.
* challenge those who are looking for the "up'" side of a tragedy, failure or disaster.
* ridicule those who believe in the power and mercy of their ``Higher Power.''
* ridicule attempts to rectify a dysfunctional situation.
* resist altering my way of thinking, because I feel nothing will help or make a difference.

end of article

Thanks to livestrong.com for the great clip. It was very depressing to see that a pessimist would be all those things. Maybe I do not totally agree to what they have said because I am not totally a pessimist. (Maybe? I guess) Nevertheless I feel that we could not really eradicate negativism in our world simply because it is a world! It is not heaven. This is reality and the reality is that there are bad things. And when there are bad things, we should be ready for them if we want ot get past those bad things. If we only look at the bright side, we won't know how to deal when the dark side comes which is by the way inevitable. All I say is we need this balance because we are human. We need this balance for us to survive. It's just my opinion. And I stand before it. comprende?

No comments:

Post a Comment