Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Last Breath

cigar quit dialog box,JayuMaster,Funny cigarette photos
"Habit is stronger than reason."
- George Sanayana

humbug...

I'm busy today...might as well postpone my post for tomorrow...

9502

At last, a time for my post...

I have been in this vice for almost 13 years now. And I could never recall how many sticks have I finished. According to an online smoking calculator, I may have smoked almost a hundred thousand of them and may have cost me almost two hundred thousand pesos. That's a lot of money. I have tried to quit so many times I could not recall how many. But the urge always wins.

I have done so many things to stop. I tried seeking help from a company doctor. ( she didn't help), I've tried prescriptions, goal setting, starving myself but nothing worked. I tried so many tactics to reason myself, my family, my child's health, for love, for my health, for money. But nothing won. I am even smoking this very minute. Well, that's too bad....

Now that I am desperate coz of my poverty, I need to try once more...this time, now that I have told thew world, I hope it could make me quit. I'll try to save the money I will spend and see how will I fare. Let's see if habit is stronger than reason. Let's change it a bit.
"The empty stomach is stronger than habit"
Sounds weird, and stupid. But might as well give it a try.....


You have smoked roughly 94,900 cigarettes!

Smoking cigarettes costs you $280.00 per week, $1,216.67 per month, and $14,600.00 per year.

Based on the national average of cigarettes smoked and the average seven years of life lost due to smoking, smokers lose 5 1/2 minutes of life per cigarette smoked. At this rate, your life may be shortened by as much as 669 hours per year by smoking 20 cigarettes a day.
This works out to 27.88 days lost per year.
Over the last 13 years, you may have already shortened your life by 362.47 days!

Even though there is no exact way to predict the amount of life lost to smoking, know that tobacco use can cut valuable years from your lifespan!

If you continue smoking you will smoke 7,300 cigarettes over the next year, 36,500 cigarettes over the next five years, and 73,000 cigarettes over the next 10 years. Don't forget that each of these cigarettes decreases your lifespan too!

Courtesy of www.tobaccofreeu.org

Mr. Skeleton Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment