Monday, April 20, 2009

Root Crisis part 5: Tahong (Mussel) mentality





Tahong: abalone, mollusks, sea shells....sea dwellers...





















"We should not be like shells that dwell in the bottom of the sea but soar like eagles in the sky. Ignorance is a crime"


Humbug...

Need to rest now...maybe next time. There's a customer coming...wish me luck...(coins that is)

I'm back....and I think I hurt my back badly. I also have a headache today. Anywayssss, need to type through...This is the last ( 5th) cause of financial crisis of us Pinoys.

TAHONG ( MUSSELS ) MENTALITY...That's new. Actually it has been with us since our Grandpas and Grandmas and their ancestors before them. We just don't see it. ( I begin to feel that one reason we are poor is that we tend not to see things...) Are we blind!!??!! Oh Cmon...

Lets pretend we are in an elementary class and the great JayuMaster will lecture a topic... say Biology? Class, our topic for today is about sea dwelling animals. Examples of sea dwellers are mollusks, clams, shells and sponges. They stick to the bottom of the sea, to corals, shipwrecks, rocks, and other hard immovable objects. " Take note": THEY EAT BY SIFTING SMALL MICROORGANISMS UNDERWATER. That's right... we tend to stick to what we are comfortable to, become complacent, just make of what we actually can find (and just stay put). Afraid to explore our potentials, to learn, to give and take in return. To see other places, learn new things. The world is larger than you think. And if you're contented with what you have, you may be happy, ( you think?) But actually you've become a liability, a burden to others. In short WLA KANG SILBI!!! (You have no value) Thats what I mean folks... I hope you don't mind...


One of my practice pics (scanned)

Did I hurt somebody's feelings? Yeah yeah, you would contradict me again as expected. But unless all of us open our eyes to the sickening truth, we will not have the chance to dig ourselves from this pit of poverty. Yemen?.......Yemen!!!

"I'm only a high school graduate." "I have no capital." " I don't know a thing about business." "This is what my family is doing for years." "I cannot do that." "I am afraid." "What if I fail?" This is the only means of Income that I know" LAME EXCUSES!!!

It is of course the duty of the government to uplift the education and means of the society. We could not get over this slump without proper guidance and enlightenment. We need support from the government. Lower taxes for starting businesses. Support for financing, marketing, outsourcing and protection against fallouts. Of course I believe that we are capable of this things. There is one catch though. In my opinion, the only means that we can change or mend this last mentality problem is when all four ( let me enumerate) mentalities specially the fourth (crab)
is addressed.

  1. Employee Mentality
  2. Reward Yourself (too early) Mentality
  3. Ego Financial System Mentality
  4. Crab Mentality
  5. Tahong Mentality
Of course its hard to address all, specially when those above us doesn't even care for the lower classes.
So good luck...I've done my part. Now think about yours... I think that's fair enough?

"My child, you are not created to be like ducks swaddling in the mud but to be like eagles destined to rise above!"-Fr. Al Schwartz


Founder of the Sisters of Mary Foundation. (which I am very proud of though not publicly)

No comments:

Post a Comment