Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poor Pinoy


Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.

Humbuggg...

I was very very anxious the moment I came to my shop this morning. I readily opened my PC, browsed the internet, and read about. In a couple of minutes (my pc is slow) my nervousness was calmed, my anxiety pacified, my heartbeat normalized and the smile on my face vanished...

"I did not win the lotto!"

I have been betting in the national lottery for several years now...and not even one time, not even once that I won a cent. Maybe I have no luck at all. And still like the other million people out there we would still bet tomorrow. Like some people would say, " There is a greater probability that you would be struck by lightning this minute than win the lotto." "People that put their hopes in games of chance are those uneducated and hopeless individuals" Well, I don't care. I may have helped the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office to help poorer Pinoys with what I am doing, for part of the money is meant for charity. I also may have helped those corrupt individuals laundering the government's money. I may have helped Gloria in her candidacy! Such excuse is so lame. For the true reason is us Pinoys' hopelessness, dire need of cash, instant wealth, instant prosperity. Well just what I have said..."I don't care"

The only thing disturbs me is the feeling I get which is probably what almost all of us get. The frustration, the pain, the suffering....On how we tirelessly wait in lines at the Lotto outlet just to take our chance for the big bucks. On how we intently pray (which is wrong) that luck may pass our way. The bitter reality that we lost our money for a piece of parchment that's not even enough to light our charcoal stoves. Well, maybe that's what life is after all...

Tomorrow will be another day. And tommorow I will waste my money again for this stupid game. And who knows, I may win. Or I may be frustrated once more, just like what I've been doing all my life....

"Success doesn't happen overnight. It's the small successes achieved day by day that build a company. So, don't be impatient or focused on immediate financial rewards."

-John Gokongwei



No comments:

Post a Comment