Monday, April 20, 2009

Root Crisis part 4: Crab Mentality


1st Place in the Luzon competition, last place in the gratitude department.

"If I can't have it, neither can you"
---Wiki----

2nd to the last of my never ending epic blabbers about our uncontrollable misery is about the Pinoy's tendency to be crablike in face of our fellowmen. I need not emphasize on this topic because everyone knows about this and it is already a scratched ( gasgas na- hanep sa english)
topic. Neither need I cite examples coz it's already very common ( though I really want to cite one that I am gritting my teeth in absolute anger right now. Instead, I will just explore (like I always want to) why we tend to be like these creatures though lowly, are a very important part of the ecosystem.

Ever wonder why someone or almost everyone tend to pull us down even though we all know that we are striving our best, not stepping on others just to succeed? Believe me or not, all of us have that tendency one way or the other. You may not accept the truth. But there are times you tend to pull others down for your own uplift, even just mentally and never actually doing it.

Ever encountered a time of your life when you did not share a small information so that your team will win in school competitions? Do you have trade secrets in your business? (all of us do) You ask me, why would I share my business trade secrets with competitors? That is correct. Because the moment you expose them, your opponents will overthrow you. Just like you, they know something you'd like to know but are not willing to share it for their own survival. That's the smallest example of crab mentality. You may argue about it, but it is true. All of us have that mentality. It is in our very human nature. Survival of the fittest. We all need it to survive so we just need to live with it. The problem is that some people ( I wouldn't consider them one if its up to me) tend to be a little bit more hooked into it, they don't realize they are overdoing it, thinking they have not done anything wrong. ( kakapal no?) Then there are some who utterly feel it in themselves, but they just don't care. They are the predators of society. And we herbivores need to cope with it, or in some cases eradicate them with extreme means. ( I would love to have I the chance...) Education cannot cure these fellows. It is not education they need because they are not completely ignorant about their doings. They just ignore it coz they think only of themselves ( survival of the fittest eh). They are next to serial killers because the part of the brain that is reminding them of compassion for others is underdeveloped. What they need is an electric shock to the head....Yeah... definitely needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment