Friday, April 17, 2009

Root Crisis part 2: Reward Yourself Mentality

Northeast corner at Third Avenue
"Be wary of the riches of this world...you cannot carry them with you on the grave."
(because a car won't fit in your coffin much less your house)

Humbug...

Painting of my son and his cousins....9418


Humbug...

I have just finished my pending customers' orders today, and I feel very tired....haaaaaay...
Lucky for me there are a few customers that came by...(still not enough to cover my expenses)
Lucky for me I still have time to write a few words in my blog.
To a very far away friend out there who's celebrationg her birthday, sorry because my memory is so poor specially in nunbers that I even forget my own birthday much less my age...ehem ehem...
This is a small space in my blog dedicated for you....

Happy Birthday Myspace Comments
MyNiceSpace.com

Happy Birthday Myspace Comments
MyNiceSpace.com

Happy Birthday Myspace Comments
MyNiceSpace.com

9421

As always I was interrupted by so much misery that even simply time for typing away was no leisure, more of an obligation for my part...coz we need to eat and you cannot eat your motherboard, right.

Anywaysss, Before I fly away from my topic, Let me introduce you all friends to another mentality that is a sore reality for us not only Filipinos but almost every human being...Maybe because its our instinct, or maybe we are programmed that way by history. The big urge to splash ourselves and specially our loved ones with all we may know is important but when analyzed may be found as unnecessary pleasures and luxuries in life.

There are so much examples, and one of them is me... I used to love toys when I was a kid. But my mother won't buy me anything ( and I thanked her somehow for teaching mee to be frugal.) Now that I am all grown up, I tend to buy so much toys ( FOR MY SON OF COURSE ) that when I realized that it already cost me a fortune collecting them. Maybe inside in one's ego, they or I just wanted to fill the gaps of my childhood. Maybe a part of them were not really for my son but for me... but now I learned ( the hard way ) but I still tend to buy my son a gift every now and then when I have the chance ( and the cash). Cash I should have invested properly to earn more then I could buy all the things that I want... Maybe.... That's my opinion.



Another example is our very own Manny Pacquiao. Forgive me fans... I just have the tendency to sulk at people getting their hands on the green. Specially those who did it seemed so easy. ( I know that was not easy... I said SEEMED SO EASY OKAY..??) Let's all contemplate, he was poor right, but with the help of God, his friends and that very tough heart (and hand), he managed to come to the top... Now he is on the top look... A very big house, too much cars ( than he can handle mostly) , hundreds of fighting cocks and maybe a whole city of relatives ( too bad)
From rags to riches he made it, then all his frustrations as a child came into play, and he is now rewarding himself. That's not bad at all. after all, he worked hard for it with sweat and blood. A thing he must be concerned of is how to manage his assets, not too much rewarding onesself.
Thanks for some people ( Freddie Roach a great example) for helping Pacman manage his assets, teaching him to save some for the rainy day. Because we all know that boxing is not forever, and when you make a mistake of not saving for retirement, you may end up broke and ill for the rest of your days. Graping the fact you had so much then after losing it to the ones you thought your friends, now gone with the wind with your money. That is an inevitable human trait.

"When there's no more milk, we leave the cow and come back only when there's milk again..."
( worse case is you get butchered...how evil...)

My point is that we all somehow work our butts out to make a living. Then when the most awaited 13th month pay or bonus comes, we splurge to luxury, thinking there's no end on the cash flow. Like it's from a never ending well of wealth. We buy a cellphone, watch movies, go out with the family, renovate our house, a car, a bike, new clothes, everything. That isn't so bad, after all we say that we worked our butts out. But after the holidays, we should ask ourselves. Where am I now? I say to you, you were back to where you started. ( with new clothes and car and etc etc ... of course) But will be waiting again for the new break, nw commission, new bonus. I hope they always come as expected. But believe me most of the time they don't.

I'm not lecturing you. Its my point of view. If you think I'm wrong and spending every penny you earn thinking there's a next month pay and bonus and super duper wealth to come is your thing, then be my guest. After all, you worked your butts out.

Swimming in Pansol 2004 I think, One of my luxury gift for my son's birthday. Ohh give me a break...

No comments:

Post a Comment