Friday, June 5, 2009

Smile

"I feel like smiling today, though my pocket and my heart hurts and my spirit badly broken. Maybe the aches and pains cracked my skull a bit, gladly it broke pointing upwards."

humbug...


The loan shark came late today. I'm glad I had the chance to have a couple of patrons to produce my amount. I smiled on him. And all I get is a stare and he forgot to give me my change.

I ate my breakfast-lunch combo at the other tenant cafeteria nearby. We chatted a little. I wonder why we are both smiling and laughing a bit while talking about our problems. On how measly patrons come by. The rising costs to run our businesses, the never-ending payments to be made, the unfair electric bills, and so on. Maybe laughter is the only pain reliever we got.

I smiled on my few costumers today. One had many demands with the same premium, while another had a little (no, big) trouble selecting what to purchase. The PC is continuously running, and so is the electricity. In the end I had to settle on a few bucks for such a long service. It's okay I guess. I need to please the customers first before thinking about the money.

I am smiling to myself right now. While continuously thinking where to get money to pay my bumbai friend over there tomorrow. And maybe later this afternoon, my landlady would surely ask me for an advance again, as fervent as the sun would rise in the morning. Not to mention what would we eat this evening.

I guess my body is tired of frowning. It seems to smile despite feeling grief right now. I think my face muscles are a bit tired too. They tend to point upwards heaven asking for redemption.

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment